Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Google is the greatest invention since fire; Not sliced bread, fire. (Rated G)

I created this Google news alert for work today today thinking it was going to be too specific and I wouldn't get any hits. I thought I had narrowed the field too much and I might get a couple articles a week.

And then tonight I get an alert email with with 9 news articles and 5 blogs. And surprisingly, most of them are pretty relevant.

Combine this with scholar, local, maps, news, earth, picasa .... hell, they even own Blogger.com now and this thing is awesome too! Google should just be president of the world. I know, I am recommending that a corporation rule the entire world, but come on, they have an amazing track record. I bet if you asked Google to balance the federal budget, they would. Provide universal health care for all Americans? They could. Save social security? They could. Solve global warming? But, of course. World peace? No problem!

Seriously, in the 2008 Presidential election just write in "Google" on your ballot. It will be kind of like Richard Pryor telling everyone to vote for 'none of the above' in Brewster's Millions, but instead you're actually choosing an alternative.

Trust me, the world will be a better place for it.

No comments: